Saturday, March 24, 2012

Thought Provoking Insights (Book Review from Amazon)

By Pegg

I rated this book a #5 because I found it exceptionally thought provoking.

Frankly, several of my friends had recommended Naked Truth to me, but I was resistant for some time. Having a history in the Seventh-day Adventist Church, with its prophetess who received visions, I was leery to engage myself.

I became acquainted with the author, Hazel Holland, and Ramone Romero, (wrote the Forward) in an online forum. It was because of their sincerity and the obvious nature of their walk with God that I reconsidered reading the book.

Since learning the really radical "newness" of the New Covenant, I have been curious about the role of the prophet within the Church Era as compared to that we see demonstrated in the Old Testament prophets. I have read and studied, and while I had concluded that the role of the prophet was also "new" (based especially on 1 Corinthians 12-14 and 1 Thessalonians 5) I was unable to pinpoint the change(s) to my satisfaction. To my surprise, Naked Truth turned out to provide an open case study for me. Perhaps even more than the actual "content," I became intrigued with the author's description and application of the revelation. I followed the book from curiosity at first, but the farther I read, the more fascinated I became.

The author speaks with clarity and she develops a compelling message. I believe that in the last chapters of the book she offers a challenge that Spirit-filled believers have to take very seriously. Those who are free must not forget their brethren who remain behind. We are compelled to reach out in love and honesty. It is thus that we may be used as God's means to express the depth of His love for all of His children.

Lastly, I wish to thank the author and publisher for making the book available in kindle format. I likely would not have read it otherwise.

See: Other Amazon Reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, Pegg, for taking the extra time and effort to do another book review after you lost the first one!

    The honesty of your heart is beautiful. I pray that your transparency will create in others a greater desire to know the depths of God's heart of love for them, too.

    ReplyDelete